'Health' assessments

 In most cases, assessments by health professionals as part of an EHC assessment will be undertaken by a GP, a Paediatrician, a Speech and Language therapist or an Occupational therapist.  However, in some cases, a child may require an assessment to see if they qualify for Continuing care provision.


Continuing care provision for children


This provision is made for children with the most severe types of healthcare needs.  There is a specialist healthcare assessment and then a decision is made by a panel on whether the child's needs qualify for healthcare funding.  The government has updated the information about Continuing Care here


Continuing Healthcare for adults.


This is the system by which adults with severe healthcare needs are assessed to see if they qualify for funding by the NHS.  There is more information here.