SEND Green Paper 2022

The government has published a SEND Review in the form of a Green Paper - and the views of everyone concerned with children or young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities.  This includes parents, young people and children.  


The consultation is open until 1 July 2022.  We understand it is possible this deadline may be extended.


Further information can be found here

Important news about the completion of Annual Reviews by Local Authorities.

In a landmark judgment issued on 8 March 2022 the High Court has made it clear that every Local Authority must keep to fixed legal time scales when undertaking an Annual Review of a child or young person’s Education, Health and Care plan (EHC plan).


Many Local Authorities have been arguing there is no fixed time limit to issue a final amended Education, Health Care plan once they made a decision to amend the EHC plan within the time limit of four weeks from the date of the annual review meeting.


Amending EHC plans must be completed within 12 weeks of the Annual Review meeting.  A draft Amended EHC plan must be issued within 4 weeks of the Annual Review meeting and a Final Amended EHC plan issued within 12 weeks.


For further information please see here.

What this website does


This website helps parents of children with special educational needs and/or disabilities living in England to get the right educational provision for their child or young person.


We provide information on how to argue your case and if necessary appeal against decisions made by Local Authorities.


The website is relevant to children and young persons up to the age of 25.  Young persons aged 16 and over can use the website and if necessary make an appeal themselves.


Really Useful Sources of help


This part of our website has recently been updated with more sources of help.  



Please provide some feedback if you have found this site useful (or not). 


Printing from this website:

If printed copies are required of the website (i.e. other than specific downloads), it is best to print in landscape mode.  


We are also able to offer training for parents living in England.  We have provided training to Parent Forums and can provide testimonials.  Please fill in the form for further details.

We are most grateful to the Big Lottery who have provided funding to help make this website possible.



The information on this website is not to be regarded as advice for an individual case.  Instead we aim to provide a wide range of information, guidance and resources that we hope will be helpful to your situation.  For assistance with your individual circumstances, you are strongly advised to make contact with one of the Helplines listed in our Resources section.